Monday, October 24, 2016

Introduction

Welcome to my new blog!  I don't know how many people even read blogs anymore.  I know I went through that phase and then life got crazy busy and I no longer had time to just sit and read blogs everyday, but I've had enough requests from friends to start up a blog that I decided to jump on the blog train again.

I've had two mommy blogs in the past, but there came time that I needed to re-evaluate my life and actually be a good mom rather than just writing like I was one.  The purpose of this blog is going to be a bit different.  It's not going to stick to one theme.  It'll bounce between recipes (my long time love of good food), woodworking projects (my new found hobby), random thoughts, crafting and whatever else I feel like posting about.  So it's gonna be a jumble of topics. Sorry for those super organized people that like just one theme to read about - that's not how my brain works (hence the name of the blog) and I have more than one interest to write about.

Let me introduce myself a bit.  My name is Madelyn and I am the mom of three, soon to be four crazy kiddies.  Baby #4 is due the end of January.  It seems that creating is ingrained in me and has been since I was little.  I remember making my own nail polish with friend.  The ingredients? Elmer's glue, water and food coloring - NAILED it!  Sorry, I don't remember the ratios so I'm not gonna share that "recipe" with you ;)

At the age of 12 I started getting into photography.  My dad had it as a hobby and I joined in on the fun.  I stuck with it over the years and started my own business about 8 years ago. www.madelynwphoto.com

You know the 5 love languages?  Well it turns out there's a 6th one - FOOD.  My love language is quite literally food.  My husband laughs, but it's so true.  I have a love for good food and look for opportunities to share it with those I care about.  If I'm having a bad day, all it takes is a sonic cherry limeade slush, a date to a yummy restaurant, or someone dropping off a random goodie to turn my frown upside down.  I also really enjoy cooking/baking and have collected quite a few delicious recipes which I'll share with you.

I am not a great artist, but I enjoy trying to be one.  Turns out painting is a lot harder than Bob Ross makes it look.  I have managed to pull off a couple of paintings that I am pleased with though.

My new hobby is woodworking.  So expect simple, but totally doable projects for beginners as I'm a newbie myself.

Can we just take a moment to thank pinterest for existing.  Sure it fuels my craziness, but it's also inspired many, MANY things to create and when I'm creating, I'm happy.

I'm excited to start this journey with you and if you have any special requests on things you'd like me to post about, let me know!








No comments:

Post a Comment